Video Marketing has undoubtedly been the hottest marketing trend of 2017 and for good reason. We’re now spending multiple hours per day on our devices consuming countless videos on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat. So much, that consumers are cutting cable TV at an alarming rate and social media platforms have increased the amount of videos we see in our newsfeeds.
Over the past few months, we’ve seen a dramatic shift in marketing dollars towards online video. It’s because marketers are beginning to understand that video allows their target audience to see, hear and feel their brand more than any other marketing medium out there.
If you’re on the fence about investing in video for your marketing or recruitment efforts, this article is for you. Below we outline the benefits of video marketing for your business and back them up with a trove of powerful stats. After reading this article, you’ll fully understand why video marketing is now an absolute necessity for your digital brand strategy.
Video improves social media engagement
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (YumYum).
- A Facebook videos receives, on average, 135% more organic reach than a Facebook photo (Socialbakers)
- Videos are 6x more likely to be retweeted than photos (Twitter)
Video increases the website traffic and average time on site
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from searches than non-users and video drives a whopping 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines (Aberdeen)
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia)
- Sites which include video have on average an extra two minute dwell time compared to sites that don’t (Merchant Marketing Group).
Video influences consumers on their path to purchase
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle).
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Animoto).
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers (DMB Adobe).
- 50% of executives looks for more information after seeing a product/service in a video and 50-75% of executives view and share work-related videos at least weekly (HubSpot).
- 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text while 4 times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (YumYum).
Video increases conversion rates and ROI
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversions by 80% (Eyeview).
- When marketers included a video in an email, the click-through rate increased by 200-300% (Merchant Marketing Group).
- Companies which use videos in their marketing grow revenue 49% faster year-on-year than those which don’t (Aberdeen Group).
- 73% of B2B marketers say that video positively impacts marketing ROI (Tubular Insights).
- 39% of business decision-makers contact a vendor after viewing a branded video (Hubspot)
Video serves as a powerful recruiting tool
- Job posts get 36% more applications if accompanied by a recruiting video (Jobcast)
- 73% of recruiters said that to compete against other employers they use video to highlight company culture (Jobvite)
- Job postings with a video icon are viewed 12% more than those without (Talentsquare)
Video Dominates The Web
- By 2017, online video will account for 74% of all web traffic (KPCB).
- Over 10 billion videos are watched a day on Snapchat. Over 8 billion on Facebook (Bloomberg).
- 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day (Fortunelords).
- 500 million people are watching videos every day on Facebook (Tubular Insights).
- The average mobile viewing session last 40 minutes (Fortunelords).
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major US TV networks combined have created in 30 years (Insivia).
- 55% of people watch vides online every day (MWP).
There you have it. Hopefully you find the list of benefits and stats above compelling enough to start moving forward with your video marketing plan. In case you’re wondering, YES, we do provide video production and advertising services. In fact, we’ve just launched a new product called Stori, a service where we produce 60-90 second videos for Alabama businesses at a fraction of the cost and time compared to a production company. You can check it out here.
Love Our Articles? Sign up For Our Newsletter.
Hop on our list to be notified when Bell Media publishes a new blog posts by submitting your Name and E-mail below. We promise, no spamming will occur!